La Chilanga Banda A Tribute to Cafe Tacvba -Santa Fe Spring Swap meet
La Chilanga Banda, is a Long Beach, CA-based Tribute band established in 2010.
Cafe Tacvba are pioneers of the early ‘90s wave of Mexican alternative rock for their combination of folk, hip hop, punk, ska and Norteño music that paved the way for later acts in the years to come.
La Chilanga Banda performs their avalanche of hits with a heavy ska sound that espouses a playful energy
and upbeat dance feel.
· Curating 3 band line-ups for most events to attract large crowds
· Opened for Metalachi, the world’s first and only heavy metal mariachi band; Tijuana No!; and Cesar Vampiro Lopez (ex-Mana guitarist)
· Performed at House of Blues Anaheim; Santa Fe Spring Swap Meet (1,000+ attendance); St Mary’s Festival 2019; and Speaking Rock Casino
· Feature article in the OC Weekly
· Performed and recreated Café Tacvba’s MTV Unplugged session with a successful draw